Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Another day, Another Dollar

Another day, another dollar. Things are continuing down the same path they have been. We got our refinance paperwork last week and I set to work collecting the paperwork they needed to complete our loan. Of course, last Monday my credit union sent me a message on Facebook telling me that they may be able to help me after all and that somebody would call me within a week. Yesterday was a week and I still haven't heard, so I may give another call today. If our credit union is able to do better than our current lender, then I may scrap our current loan application and eat the application and credit report cost.




I also decided to start using my Discover card for automatic payment of some of our bills. They are offering 2% cash back on automatic payments of Cable, Satellite TV, Phone, Internet, and Satellite Radio with the Discover card. I currently pay these bills manually with another rewards card and then pay them off at the end of each month so that they don't incur interest charges. My other rewards card offers 1% cash back, which is deposited into a high interest savings account, which I haven't touched in the past three years, but I thought that earning double the rewards with my Discover card would be a better financial decision. I can cash those rewards in on gift cards for places that we frequent and do more with my money, so it's a win/win for me.



It amazes me that Discover is quickly becoming my second favorite credit card (behind my credit union rewards card). Discover is the company that sued me for a defaulted credit card back in 2001 and I never thought that they would approve me for another card, as I'd always heard that they blacklist those that have previously defaulted on an account. But here I am, with a $10500 credit limit and using it effectively and to my benefit.



Anyway, it's just more of the same in our financial world. Things are slowly but surely getting better and we are making progress. That is the best we can hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment