Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 7: Taking Steps

We applied to increase our credit limit on one of our cards, and I included a note with the application that we were looking to do a balance transfer. It makes sense because there are no balance transfer fees on this particular card, the interest rate is the same on balance transfers as regular purchases, and we should receive cash back awards for the amount being transferred. It takes us from a 23.24% interest rate (corrected from the 24.24% I posted on my last entry) to 14.25%, which is still high, but significantly lower than what we're paying now.

Any little bit helps, right? I'm trying to coordinate with my mom, sister, grandma, and aunts to have a garage sale next month. It'll give us the opportunity to clear stuff out of our houses, make a little additional money, and pay down some debt. Hopefully it comes to fruition. Last time I made $200 selling baby clothes. This time, I have two to three times as much, plus baby gear my kids have outgrown.

I'm trying as hard as I can, because I hate feeling this claustrophobic cloud over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment