Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 23: Does Every Little Bit Count?

We haven't used our credit cards in 23 days, aside from my husband buying a new satellite radio. It was more than I expected, but it is one of those things that I went along with because he "needs" it for work. It will be paid off on Thursday when I pay towards our Best Buy cards anyway. It pushed our payoff date back by a month, but it was just one of those things. Aside from that, we've been paying cash for the little things that we were using credit cards for.

I had been stopping at McDonalds for breakfast every day on my way to work, for the past week I've been taking dry cereal and only stopping for a pop. For the cost of one day's breakfast from McDonalds, I've eaten all week and will next week too. I stopped at The Container Store yesterday and bought one of those cups that you put the milk in the bottom half and cereal in the top half and then mix them when you're ready to eat. There were a couple of other things I would have liked to buy, but I'll wait until I have a gift card, or something.

I've been taking surveys online on several sites, just to see if they even resulted in anything. So far, nothing. I've earned points and dollars on a couple of sites, but not qualified for a lot of surveys. I haven't made enough to cash out on any of them, but I figured if I take enough and earn some gift cards, then it can help towards my little shopping excursions.

Next week, I'll make payments towards our Best Buy credit cards and our Target card, and then I should be able to update our debt totals for this month. I think it'll help to see a difference in our balances, going the right direction. It might help to motivate us to keep it up. I've been questioning whether I should be making large payments towards the two different Best Buy cards, or whether I should pay off one and then the other, but I guess ultimately, it doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment